Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fruit Cakes and First Grade


Weston saw this idea for a fruit cake in the Friend last month, and wouldn't forget about it, so we made one a few weeks ago. It was well received. I like how Owen is trying to get in on the picture.


Weston started first grade last week! He was not thrilled, but has since discovered that 3 recesses and school lunch (which comes with FRUIT BAR everyday)-isn't so bad. To be honest, there is a lot less pesting and bawling going on around here. But, by the time 4:00 rolls around and he only beats his dad home by one hour, I feel like I have really missed him and that he has been gone for soooo long. Do you ever have to tell yourself, "I did it and I was fine,"?

2 comments:

Jill said...

me, never. I never ever miss my kids and for sure not Allie.
That is a really long time I'm glad I have a whole year to prepare for that.

The Bucks said...

You have a first grader? You must feel pretty old right now!