Saturday, June 21, 2008

One-Year-Old!


Owen and Anna turned one yesterday, but we had such a crazy day I had to post today. Weston and Paige got to have a party in the afternoon because they really deserved it for all the help they have been in the last year. They got to invite friends and cousins over for a swimming, sliding, and snow cone party, so by the end of the day the babies were worn out and their birthday cake and presents went about like the pictures show. They wouldn't even sit by each other and look at me for a picture let alone smile! I will post about the party when my sister gets me the pictures because she was my photographer for the day.



Here are some pictures to remember what our lives were like one year ago, everyone said that if we could get through the first year, then life got easier. I think it is true because Anna and Owen are really starting to be show their different personalities and are so much fun. Anna still hates to eat and drink, unless someone has a pop. On the other hand, Owen eats for pure entertainment, anytime and anything. He is like the Nu-Nu from Teletubbies that cleans up everything she doesn't finish or that he can find on the floor. Owen is starting to be the pushier twin who justs climbs over top of Anna as if she weren't even there, then enjoys her screaming. If he can get in a few hits too, he really likes that. He is such a busy, squirmy guy--very hard to keep a hold of at church. Anna loves to be held and is content with things for a lot longer period of time. She is sensitive and very cautious in everything. She loves her blankie and snuggling, when she is tired she gets so excited to be laid down in her bed, what a good girl. They can both say a few animal sounds, their Aunt Tiffy's name(of course), HI, Cheese, and Anna is the only one who will say Mama and Step(Because we are always saying it to her so she'll stand up on her chubby little legs and try walking!) We're pretty grateful for such healthy, energetic, sweet kids.

(Sorry about this one)



5 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe they are one! You are such cute parents having a party for Paige and Weston! Why weren't we invited?!
Maizy says "animal sounds?! Wow, that's cool! I'm so excited to see how big they have grow-en. How are they doing? I bet you are having a great time. I love your blog"

The Bucks said...

You've made it through the first year, lets hope the next 17 are a little easier. You are such a great mom. Your party was a lot of fun.

Jill said...

I forgot how tiny they were. I loved Owen's crazy spiky hair. I love the caterpillar cupcakes. So cute. Fun, fun.

Megan and Jon said...

They were the sweetest cutest babies ever. and your belly seems so tiny to me to have them both. I love it.
I tried and tried to get her to tell me Tiff and she wouldn't , you better capture it and blog it for me.

Denise said...

I bet this last year has seemed like a hazy dream! I can't imagine taking care of that many little ones! You're amazing.