Monday, June 16, 2008

What a Jack-Ass!

Donkey is gone, but not forgotten--by many. Mostly by anyone living within 20 miles of us. Tyler won't forget the soothing braying sounds resignating throughout the Bishop's office early on Sunday mornings. I won't forget that same lingering bray as I was going for runs early in the morning --3 miles out of town! Paige won't forget combing her hair, wiping her nose, feeding her grass, and reminding me it is a "she". Weston won't forget his dad calling it every name in the book. Yes, it is sad, but we got rid of Donkey today. She went to a good home in Oxford, Idaho. An interesting girl to say the least, wanted her to pack her water so she could hike long distances??????Okay. Now that she is gone, I kind of miss her. She had the loudest bray you have ever heard but she only did it about 3 times a day.

The next picture is my horse that I sold all by myself and got full price for too I might add.( I was really proud) I was sad to see him go too, but we have had to cut back our animals with the price of hay and seeing as I haven't ridden mine in 2 years, we didn't want to feed him for another 5 years, when I will have time to ride again. So now we only have 2 horses left and the kids are kind of sad because they are only ridable to Tyler.




Here is the outfit Paige wore today. She jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler, then decided to get dressed. She put all her clothes back on over the swimsuit (unders included). I got a big kick out of it and keep in mind her suit has a skirt to it that she stuffed into her underwear.

6 comments:

The Bucks said...

That is the saddest looking beast of burden that I have ever seen. It makes me wonder what she looked like before the girls gussied her up.
I like Paige's outfit. I hope she didn't have to go the bathroom. She probably would have had an accident before you got everything off.
We can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Niki said...

LOL this is the funnies post.... I can honestly say I never heard your donkey, and I am only a half a block away. Page looks too cute, I have to tell you Tailor and I jumped on our Trampoline Sat. with water and she LOVED it, I thought she would be scared but she had so much fun!

Jill said...

I love Paige's outfit! Woo woo! I'm so glad to hear that someone wanted your donkey! That is a really nice Buckskin! (is that how you spell it?) I've never seen him before. Buckskins are my fav.

Janette said...

Paige looks beautiful! :) Kids are so funny. I think her and Oakli have the same swimsuit. That's funny about your donkey, I never even knew you guys had one. Good job getting full price for your horse (way nice looking).

Payne Family said...

Maybe Paige is making a fashion statment that we are not up to date on yet. I love that you have a place to have big animals. Aaron would be in heaven. I can't believe your babies are 1 it seems like it went so fast. time for more????:) hee hee

Denise said...

She wanted the donkey to pack her water on long hikes? Exactly how long? I would have thought she could pack her own water. Very strange. I love the shirt tucked into the underwear, that's priceless!