Friday, July 25, 2008

Bear World

On the 24th of July Tyler had the day off so we took a spur of the moment drive to Bear World in Rexburg. It is 2 1/2 hours away, but well worth it. Grandma and Grandpa even decided to join us which I was so grateful for. We got to see some pretty cool stuff.

Grizzly bear, a baby bear, and a black bear. I promise that my camera is not even zoomed on the black bear, we got to drive that close to him. They come right up to your vehicles and you are supposed to keep moving so they don't damage them. You're not allowed to roll your windows down, but when they are that close you can't resist a picture. We only saw one grizzly bear and one wolf laying down, but I'll bet we saw over 20 black bears. Oh, and you can let your kids feed the cubs for the great price of only $50.00--insane, we just watched them play.







Are these people a little big for the rides, come on, really?







Amusement park and petting zoo were included in the admission too, these kids had a hot, but great time.



Quotes from Paige that are fitting for this picture:
"How awesome is that?" and, "That's what I'm talking about!"

7 comments:

Janette said...

How fun! I don't think I've even heard of bear world, we'll have to make the drive before bad weather. Jill was telling me about your blog book. I would love to see it. She said you might make a post about it, that would be great.

The Bucks said...

That's what I'm talking about. She kills me! That bear looks like he might slash your tires, I wouldn't mess with him. It's good to see the big, fat pig is doing the same thing as when we saw him last year. Somehow he still managed to scare Xander to death.
Thanks for the new blog alert. I have a feeling I'll be reading a lot of that in the newsletter!

Jill said...

That's what I'm talking about!! My favorite Paige line! I think Matt was a little sad we didn't get invited on this trip. He really wanted to go. I guess we should, it looks like a ton of fun!

Megan said...

I have only driven by that about a million times and have never been even kind of tempted to stop. Looks like we will have to make a pitstop there next time we head home. Thanks for the heads up on the prive of feeding the cubs!

Megan said...

That was "price" not "prive".

Megan and Jon said...

You look flexible in the last pictures.. Impressive. I wanted to hit this on the way to Yellowstone but lost and we went the other way.. Looks like we missed out.
So I heard you did 13 the other day.. Do you want to do TOU, we would love your company if you want to join us... it is 24 dollars before Aug 1st

Denise said...

Wow! We too have always driven past this little gem. It looks like fun. I always thought it was just a drive around thing, but amusement park and a petting zoo? That's great. Once Brigham has a real job maybe we can plunk down the money for this. Oh, I heard you were the bow creator extrordinaire. I need some serious help. Do you own the bowdabra (sp) or are you a natural?