Sunday, July 6, 2008

Clarkston Pony Express Days



Barnyard games on the square. The first one is Paige slowly galloping in the stick horse race and the second one is Hali pulling Weston in the hide pull. She was up against all boys and kicked their butts. Here's the babies during all of it, drinking everyone else's drinks and squirming to get away. If you think Tyler is MIA, it is because he spent a better part of the day at the roping where he missed the saddle by only getting one leg on the last steer--good news is he still got a check, which makes me happy if he comes home ahead of his entry fees.





Gunsight Gallop and the Giddyup Gallop. Weston ran in the one mile and I ran in the three mile race. We both got first place in our age groups (sorry about the bad blurry picture) and Weston did so great. He ran his mile in 11:10, way to go!



Here is a shot of Tyler in the morning, he did find a few minutes to sneak on the blow up slide while the guards weren't looking. He got some serious air and a small slide burn on his arm to show for it. Make sure you click on it to get the full effect of his awesomeness. And how many towns still let all the children bob for apples in a big tub of water? I'll take that over public pools and poopy diapers leaking in the pool anyday! We had a hot, but fun day.

7 comments:

Niki said...

WOW, I can not believe Weston ran a mile in 11 min. the best I ever did was 10 min.
What a cute family you guys are! I see your twins in church (yes, I know shock shock, it has been two in a row now) and they are just so cute and fun just like Weston and Paige.

Darin and Joanna said...

Hey Katie,
Thanks for inviting me to check out your blog. What a cute family you have!! Your kids are darling. It's crazy how much has changed since the good old days in Smithfield 3rd ward!

The Bucks said...

Good job on your race. Tell Weston that he could for sure kick my butt. I wasn't aware that you were married. He is pretty awesome on the slide!
Lets hope no one had HFMD during the apple bob. I would hate for you to go through that again!

Diana said...

Your kids are so cute! I'm so glad that we can keep in touch through our blogs. I LOVE the picture of your family on the swings!

Jill said...

Wow! That is a great picture of Tyler! It really is awesome. That's great you and West got first place.

Katie Griffiths said...

Thanks for the invite. Your kids are darling. I'm excited to see you all on Friday. Thanks for passing the invitation along also.

Megan and Jon said...

I have a bunch of pictues I'll send you of Weston. I didn't know Tyler was a roper either and I would let him keep it right up if he made money.. NICE