Thursday, July 10, 2008

CampingTrip


This year the Godfrey family went camping, it is the first year we haven't gone to Lake Powell, but with all these youngsters it is just too hard and worrisome. Everyone was there except Uncle Jeremy, who was missed. We camped at St. Charles and spent one day at Bear Lake playing on the beach, tubing, and doing a little wakeboarding--after Tyler called me "stale" and guilted me into it. The water wasn't nearly as cold as it looked. We spent four days playing games, hiking, drinking pop, eating, sitting around the campfire, and visiting. We can't wait until next year, we had so much fun. This picture above is the whole family, it was taken right before we went through Minnetonka Cave.



Minnetonka Cave was really cool, literally. It was about 40 degrees and over 800 stairs to climb. Tyler packed two kids part of the way with Owen on his back, then Aunt Karly was nice enough to carry Paige most of the way out.




Weston getting a pedicure from Saydee and Tyler holding
two very dirty pigs.





Weston and best bud, Grayson. More dirty, but happy children.






Make sure you click on this
to check out Paige's excited
expression over the
Alk-Seltzer rockets.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Fun pictures. I love Paige's face and to top that picture off you have Madi's half done hair. Good times. I swear we didn't go to Lake Powell one year, am I wrong? I thought the year we went to Willow Flates we didn't go to Lake Powell? Did we do both? Both would be fine with me, lets go to Lake Powell next month!!! Dad said he'll put us down for LP in 2010. I can't wait! No more dirt just warm water & sun!

Denise said...

I love the one of the twins absolutely filthy. Camping's great, isn't it! What are alka seltzer rockets? I heard the cave pretty much sucked for those with young children. Tyler's the man for hauling those two kids most of the way. Any time spent with the Godfrey family is a good time. I love that you all play games and laugh and make fun of each other.

The Bucks said...

Those poor babies! My teeth hurt just looking at all of that dirt. Poor Owen and his swollen eye. At least they were happy. What do you think the chances are of getting our family to do something like that? That is a sweet picture of Paige. Maybe we'll have to do that over the 24th.

Payne Family said...

I love the picture of Paige, that's awesome. How was camping with 2 babies...exhausting!!!!
I can't imagine trying to keep them from having a mouth full of dirt all day long.

camigodfrey said...

great pics. i want to go camping again soon, we had so much fun.

madikay9 said...

love the pics!! page's face is so funny i never saw her doing that!!

Megan and Jon said...

I know this is random but have you ever started at your background before your page loads. It is really kinda trippy. makes me feel dizzy. I might go do it again just cuz I can..

Janette said...

What fun pics. I love the header pic of all of you on the swings, way cute! It was good seeing you at the reunion. That's great you're running so much. I need the motivation you have because I would love it. Maybe one of these days I'll start!