Monday, September 15, 2008

Monarchs



We found three monarch caterpillars and have been watching them for weeks now. We finally hatched two of them and let them go this past week. Weston and Paige check on them multiple times a day, and have been fascinated by them. I just can't believe that the twins haven't found a way to climb up and destroy them yet, they have done it to everything else around here.
Oh, and for all of you North Cache Alumni out there, there was a letter to the editor by Ron the Rapist Hellstern requesting us to call his classes so they can tag the butterflies and document their patterns or some junk, well, get real you creep, you can just take your tags elsewhere. You plant some more milkweed in your backyard if you want to help their populations, but leave those you have forever scarred from our junior high experiences with you alone.
Sorry, just a little rant on my least favorite teacher of all time who always acts like he is saving the world. I'll bet he's voting for Barack.











The best of friends and the best of enemies.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Have we discussed your feelings for Mr. Hellstern before?! I don't think so. Did you know I had to do my clinical hours with him? I rather dislike the man myself!

Megan said...

Have we discussed your feelings for Mr. Hellstern before?! I don't think so. Did you know I had to do my clinical hours with him? I rather dislike the man myself!

Jill said...

I don't know that teacher. BUT I love the butterfiles! It's awesome they land on the fingers instead of just flying away. Paige looks so cute in her boots! I love the pictures of the twins. Could they get any cuter???

The Bucks said...

I'm kind of sad that I don't know who Mr. Hellstern is, sounds like some good memories. Those butterflies are huge! Good job on making the world a better place.

Megan and Jon said...

Mr Hellstern, Funny I think everyone shares the same feelings for him.. ICKA.
Your pictures with the butterflies are awesome.

camigodfrey said...

i love the pictures of the twins, owen is playful!

Aaron said...

Nice rant Katie! We like to watch the growth of black-widows and roaches here in Vegas.

Denise said...

How cool is that? The kids must have loved watching the butterflies hatch. I also don't know who Mr. Hellstern is, but don't think I want to.

juice said...

That is hilarious! I don't like that man either. I spent over 15 hours on a stupid leaf collection and got a C because I didn't put that I found them all in cache valley!

Careful about the Obama comment though, you never know who else is supporting;)!