Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quirks

RULES:
-Link the person who tagged you
-List 6 of your quirks
-Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them
-List the rules on your blog

I don't want to go to bed tonight so since Niki tagged me I thought I would give this a try.

1. This is definitely number one, I have a slight obsessive/compulsive disorder with the number 4 or it's multiples, mainly 16, 24, or 32. I have, ever since I can remember counted stairs and steps in between sidewalk lines. I have to do it in multiples of 4, but if it isn't possible then I need to end with my left foot on the even number. I hope I don't lose you here, but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. For example, my parents steps are 7 and 7, but if I take two on the landing I have always been able to make it to 16. Our stairs here are 8 and 9 so one step on the landing puts me at 18, which is okay because it is an even number. I don't do this as much as I used to because I run out of time and can't go back and redo steps like I used to, but I do still make sure the radio volume is on a multiple of 4. This can wear on a person, but I am working through it:)

2. This one is not as therapy worthy; all my children have to have hair done for Logan trips. I cannot stand to go without it done and it has become a lot more tricky with four children, one of which pulls everything out. I usually worry about my own last, and usually think a ponytail is sufficient.

3. I think I have hand washed dishes everyday of my entire life since I was 7. I still do not have a dishwasher and never thought that I would still be filling the sink with hot water and Dawn as I approached the ripe old age of 30.

4. I hate being tickled so, so, so bad. Tyler has the strongest hands in the world and when he sits on me and pins my arms over my head and tickles I lose all control of my limbs and vocal chords. Even if there is a child near me, I cannot keep my flailing arms and legs from whacking them. I have suggested that if he has to tickle me, he use 1/2 strength in his fingers so it feels more laughable instead of torture like.

5. I secretly wish we were a totally independent family. I would love to heat with a wood burning stove, install solar panels and a windmill, own a milk cow, make our own butter, and can everything we would grow ourselves. Yet, still go out to dinner once a week.

6. Just a complaint for my last one. During the winter we eat a lot of potatoes, it is kind of our staple food. Well, it is now official, I have 4 children that all hate potatoes and I blame Weston. He has pulled them all to his potato-hating side. It doesn't matter how I fix them, Tyler and I spend a half hour counting to three and forcing our children to take bites, which gets us absolutely nowhere with the twins. This will be a long winter since I have about 150 pounds of them sitting downstairs.



I tag:

Megan
Megan
Jill
Marlaina
Sara
Amanda (so you will update)

8 comments:

camigodfrey said...

wow those are some awsome and hillarious quirks, you just about lost me on the number thing, you make me laugh.

The Bucks said...

I totally understand the number thing, but I still think it is pretty weird. Just 6 more months and you will be an even number again! You need to teach Weston how to dish drain so that you can get dishes done faster, I think he's old enough. I know that if we lived closer to you, Brandon would want to split a cow and some chickens with you. I think being self-reliant would be nice, but a lot of work. What Megans did you mean?

Jill said...

Oh Katie you make me laugh. How are you ever going to have 5 kids?? Wouldn't that bug you? Oh well maybe you can just have one more set of twins. ;) I think you should trade your potatoes for rice. It's not worth the fight. If you ever need extra help with your dishes Allie will help. She loved doing dishes at Paiges house. I'm not sure I can do this tag I'll think about it.

Megan said...

I don't know if I am a Megan you tagged or not but I posted it! I share your #5 quirk but tried to be original so I didn't use it. We are still planning on co-oping a milk cow with you and Aleisa when we move back! (I read up on pasteurizing and I found a recipe for making butter with a kitchenaid that is really fast!)

Megan and Jon said...

I'm so confused with number one still I need to go back and read, maybe i'm just doing it to make it an even number so I read it twice though. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Marlaina said...

So, I was sitting here thinking, hmmm I wonder how Katie is... I think I will check out her blog.... The next thing I know, there is my name! Last time I read your blog! j/k

I'll do my best to respond!

laci said...

That number one kills me. Mainly cause I have a slightly similar problem. Not as extreme though. I just have to make sure every thing is an even number...like the radio, the temperature in the car, the date we got married, etc. I've never counted steps though. That seems like a lot of work! :)

Niki said...

Wow!! That was a good post:) Hey, I was wondering about the bow party if they have a website or a catalog. I may be in Brigham while the party is going on but I want to look at what they have.
Let me know if there is a way for me to look if I am not able to attend.
Thanks:)